Colon cleansing pills are mainly made up of herbal, organic and natural extracts as their active ingredients.
They are used to eliminate toxins buildup and waste products from the colon.
Most cleansing pills promote weight loss, improve digestive health, boost moods, improve sleep, eliminate toxins, and remove excess waste build up and impurities.
Available in many brands, colon cleansing pills feature different ingredients sourced from natural sources such as fiber.
The following are some ingredients to look out for:
- Psyllium Husks is a soluble dietary fiber that flushes out wastes from the colon.
- Bentonite Clay attracts, integrates and eliminates harmful bacteria, toxins and impurities from the colon.
- Flaxseed Powder is a natural laxative that cleanses.
- Aloe Vera Powder doesn’t just soothe an Irritable Bowel Syndrome, but the digestive tract as a whole.
- Black Walnut Hull Powder fosters digestion and assists in fighting harmful parasites residing in the colon.
- Apple Pectin Powder improves nutrient absorption, in addition to naturally detoxifying and cleansing the colon.
- Oat Bran Powder enhances the body’s immunity.
- Gluccomannan Powder is a soluble and organic fiber that fosters suppression of appetite.
- Prune Powder is rich in antioxidants to help fight free radicals.
- Acidophilus is a beneficial probiotic that adds good bacteria to the colon.
Other ingredients to look out for include gelatin, magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide.
Top 11 Health Benefits of Colon Cleansing Pills
Using colon cleansing pills come with so many health benefits, including the following:
- Ensures your digestive system performs more effectively.
- Prevents you from constipating.
- Boosts your energy levels.
- Increases the level of absorption of essential nutrients from the colon into the bloodstream.
- Increases your level of concentration.
- Assists in weight loss.
- Reduces the chances of getting colon cancer.
- Helps balance your blood’s PH.
- Reduces stress and depression.
- Increases fertility by decreasing fat content in the body.
- Improves your general body well-being.
Effective Use of Supplements
Colon cleansing pills are often packed in bottles of 60 capsules each.
The recommended daily dosage is only 2-4 pills, equivalent to 1500mg.
Take 1-2 tablets in the morning and another 1-2 tablets in the evening, with a full glass of water.
However, start with 1 tablet for the first few days then increase to 2 when you feel comfortable.
Pregnant women are not advised to use colon cleansing pills unless approved by their doctors.
Diet change, minimal engagement in exercises, consumption of new vitamins and other supplements and expansion of the uterus as it pushes against pregnant women’s bowels can cause constipation.
However, there are natural ways for pregnant women to benefit from colon cleansing without endangering the lives of their unborn babies.
For instance, expectant women can eat more green vegetables and fruits, engage in light exercises and drink plenty of water to help prevent constipation and other digestive disorders.
After birth, though, they can freely use colon cleansing pills.
Avoid using pills for cleansing the colon if you have kidney problems, diabetes, high triglyceride levels or GI obstructions.
Moreover, if you’re under Digoxin (Lanoxin) or Anticoagulants medication, colon cleansing pills aren’t for you. You may wish to consider a hydrotherapy based Colonic irrigation session.
If you are on cholesterol or antibiotics, you need to see your doctor prior to using these pills.
This is due to the fact that colon cleansing pills may contain certain ingredients that can reduce the effectiveness of such medication.
Therefore, there’s a need to take them hours apart as advised by your doctor.
Colon cleansing pills can lead to dehydration, electrolyte imbalance in the bloodstream and low bacteria count in the colon.
It often harbors flora, probiotics and acidophilus, the good bacteria that assist in preventing constipation and protecting the colon from bad bacteria.
Other side effects include nausea, vomiting, bloating, stomach cramping, constipation and fatigue.
Despite these side effects, there are measures you can take to prevent them from occurring or counteract the negative effects.
For instance, you can easily drink water to stay hydrated and reintroduce the ‘good’ bacteria in your gut.
Studies on the Effectiveness of Digestive Cleanse Products
Many studies have been carried out to evaluate the effectiveness of colon cleansing pills and if they really work.
Many people often wonder, ‘Do colon cleansing pills really work?’
The studies help provide answers to such commonly asked questions.
Doctor Sharda Sharma, a physician working at Sharma Holistic Medical Center in Millburn, New Jersey, put his clients on colon cleansing pills.
He realized his clients had a better bowel function, removed water weight and increased energy after prescribing the pills to help eliminate waste and toxins from their large intestines.
Doctor Joseph Fiorito, a Chief of Gastroenterology, at Danbari Hospital in Danbari also made positive findings.
He noticed that colon cleansing pills had a place for patients who cannot tolerate other prescriptions, particularly the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions.
According to his findings, the pills can help reduce the risk of colon cancer.
These two studies, together with the findings of several other studies on colon cleansing pills, clearly indicate that colon cleansing pills really work.
Check out our recommended natural colon cleansing pills to help detoxify your body, leaving the colon free for increased nutrient absorption